All Manitoba students in grades 7 to 12 are invited to a Peace in Ukraine Chess Tournament to be held from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on Tuesday, March 29 at École Secondaire Sisler High School, 1360 Redwood Ave. in Winnipeg.
- Six round Swiss style tournament.
- Time control of 12 minutes plus 3 second increment per player per game.
- All players will play six rounds, with a one hour break for lunch.
- No entry fee. Non-cash prizes will be awarded to the winner(s) as well as the school team with the best performance in the tournament.
- Students under grade 7 will be permitted to play if they have an established rating with the Chess Federation of Canada or the Manitoba Scholastic Chess Association.
- Parents, guardians and teachers are welcome as spectators.
- Donations to the Red Cross Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal will be accepted.
This Peace in Ukraine chess tournament is being hosted by the Sisler Social Justice and Chess Clubs in collaboration with the Manitoba Chess Association.
Students wishing to participate are asked to register in advance by contacting either Ora Petryshyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Blair Rutter at email@example.com On the day of the event, please arrive at Sisler between 9:30 and 9:45. Please use senior gym door entrance #31.