All Manitoba students in grades 7 to 12 are invited to participate in the Manitoba High School Chess Championship, in support of Peace in Ukraine, that will be held on Tuesday, March 28 at Sisler High School, 1360 Redwood Ave. in Winnipeg.
- Six round Swiss style tournament.
- Time control of 12 minutes plus 3 second increment per player per game.
- All players will play six rounds, with a one hour break for lunch.
- No entry fee. Non-cash prizes will be awarded to the winner(s) as well as the school with the best performance in the tournament.
- Parents, guardians and teachers are welcome as spectators.
- A pizza lunch will be provided to the students.
- Donations to the Red Cross Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal or the Canada-Ukraine Foundation will be accepted.
The Manitoba High School Chess Championship in support of Peace in Ukraine is being hosted by the Sisler Social Justice and Chess Clubs in collaboration with the Manitoba Chess Association.
Students wishing to participate are asked to register in advance by contacting either Ora Petryshyn at email@example.com or Blair Rutter at firstname.lastname@example.org On the day of the event, please arrive at Sisler between 9:30 and 9:45. Please use gym door entrance #31.
Please share this notice with any student / school whom you think may be interested in participating.